Friday, September 19, 2008

Exploring

So not only am I not a bath person, I'm not a spontaneous person either. I have a plan for my days even if only in my head. So after a conversation earlier this week with Jeremy that I don' really know how to use my "stay at home mom freedom" I attempted a spontaneous day with my boys. It was not natural for me at all...actually it was hard in some ways but it was good for me (and them) to go "exploring" as we called it.

Here's some of our exploring adventures of today:
1. Got up and went to watch Jeremy play football.
2. Went and played at the park next to the fields...I was the "coast guard mom" and Aidan and Micah "scuba dived" in the rocks.
3. Stopped at the gas station and got Popsicles and nutrigrain bars. Ate them in the lawn outside.
4. Drove past Jeremy and My first apartment out here. If you could call it that :)
5. Drove past where I once took a bad crash on my bike and told the boys about it, lots of questions about that from little boys.
6. Stopped at Auntie Jenn's...she wasn't there but here roommate was and we left her a note that we miss her.
7. Went to the NREL (Nation Renewable Energy Lab) Visitor Center. Had tons of fun standing in front of the solar panel that ran the water fountain so it would start, stop, start, stop.
8. Ate graham crackers for lunch.
9. Drove past a garage sale. Only baby girl clothes.
10. Got home and ate some yogurt for "another lunch".
11. Posted this.

There you have it...my attempt. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do my run today that I skipped, but I'm thinking that worrying about that will just ruin the whole point. I'm still learning :) Happy Spontaneous to all...

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

Oh, my sweet sister! YOu have me laughing. I LOVE that you tried to be spontaneous! I know how hard it had to be for you because I know how hard it is for me (the queen of spontanaiety) to be intentional. I'm proud of you for trying. If you ever want some help being spontaneous you know who to call.