Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bored.

Yep you read that right I'm bored. Not at home but in the gym. It's been 8 months since Jeremy's heart scare and so we both started running with the intent to work toward running something BIG and long (and painful). Well the painful came through for Jeremy with a hip injury that he has been battling since early on. And let's just say the elliptical isn't the same as a long night run outside and the weather hasn't exactly been cooperating with mountain biking. So Jeremy is struggling finding ways to workout. And I want to run something with him so I too am looking for ways to stay in shape other than the treadmill. (And strength training is SO boring I could just scream.)

So Saturday morning I was watching the boys play at Chick-fil-a and thought...they are getting a workout and don't even know it. What ever happened to playing for exercise? So we did...Jeremy and I played some old fashioned basketball and it was fun to be a kid again. And I woke up Sunday morning super sore.

And then yesterday I went to one of those dorky classes at the gym. Again just to mix it up. (I thought I was doing a core class turned out to be a kickboxing/bootcamp/core mix something). Anyway I ran suicides just like old track days and did some roundabout moves. And yep...calves are killing me. I guess it goes to show that logging the miles on the treadmill doesn't make you invincible.

So here's to being a kid again...let the games begin :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rach! Keep it up. Eric challenged me to a 5K so I started running again this week. It's wonderful. My mind feels so clear.