Monday, February 23, 2009

The Challenge of 3

Just for me but you can follow and join in. I just needed a kickstart in my creativity. And a desire to simplify at the same time. I am developing my mantra of "what is essential, what is the heart of it?" (So that I stop saying "bottom line" ;))

So for this week each day:

3 pictures
3 things I want to remember
3 things of gratitude


Sunday 2/22/2009








Remember
1. Jeremy needing help in the bathroom but instead telling me to go run.
2. The unity of a sendoff for Forefront at the Rock.
3. Eating popcorn in Mikey's room during bedtime stories.

Gratitude
1. Washing machine.
2. Food without even grocery shopping for the week.
3. Time to scrapbook and reflect on good stuff.


Monday 2/23/2009




Remember
1. Aidan checking off what he saw on the zoo map to keep track of it. And his million questions to the Elephant and Hippo zoo guys. How old the hippos are (52 and 6).
2. The boys peeing the backyard to "water the grass".
3. Micah giving Aidan the smiley face receipt from Costco when he got home.

Gratitude
1. Warm oatmeal, warm coffee, and warm house.
2. The freedom to be spontaneous even though I stink at it.
3. Socks.

AND The realization of how can I not be thankful?

1 comment:

Joel, Keturah, Atlee, Asher and Lars said...

Micah looks like a rock star in the photo where he is drumming. i love his hair. also love the animal cookie cutters. amazing :)