Thursday, November 18, 2010

"That was a good story"

I'm reading "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years"

...again.

Since I can't finish the other 6 books that I have yet complete I went back to one that I already did. I think that's cheating but that's ok. Nobody is grading me anyway.

And so he has all these great quotes that you can pull out and put up as Facebook Statuses. But really it is more than that. It is about knowing what you want and living that life.

And so tonight I watched Slumdog Millionare...like 4 years after it came out I know I'm a bit behind. And it is so not a Rachel movie. I almost quit on it in the beginning. But after I learned the character and what he wanted I was hooked. And the whole time you knew what he wanted. The girl. Not the money. The show was just because she would be watching.

But my favorite part was how his story...the junk that was in his life was used for good. The answers he knew to those questions were all from the experiences he had. And like he said, "I wish I didn't know the answer to that question." We all have those experiences. And they make our story.

So very cool.

And when we don't bail on something right away when the end credits roll we can say,

"That was a good story." Or so I hope...

1 comment:

shelly said...

I like how you said "...knowing what you want and living that life." Seems like it'd be easy to know what you want, but some days things get a bit foggy. I'm challenged to examine myself... my heart... my mind... to know what I want and live it.

As always, thanks for being honest and in doing so inspiring. :)