Thursday, September 28, 2006

Take me out to the Ballgame...and other simple joys of life


Last week Friday we went to the Rockies Game for CCU Family night. It felt more like a football game with the weather so chilly, but we had a good time anyway. (At least through the first 2 innings...that's all we saw before it started raining.) Aidan really got a kick out of it and got excited during the homerun. (Micah's favorite part was getting to fall asleep in my arms...he's our little cuddlebug.) But his favorite part was riding the shuttle bus to and from the parking lot. I love that the simple things bring him a lot a joy. It got me thinking that taking time to enjoy the simple things in life can so easily get forgotten. So here are my favorite simple joys right now.
-clean sheets (we actually have white ones, silly with 2 little boys :))
-Aidan saying his prayers at night...what he's thankful for (orange juice, auntie jenn, mommy's cheek, lawnmowers...)
-Morning coffee
-puzzles
-Rocks (it must be a boy thing...but I'm starting to love them too...my brother just sent me a bunch from his collection)
-Micah swinging at the Park

No comments: