Sunday, January 03, 2010

The battle List

Fighting frustration with Aidan by a good ole list to reflect on his heart and what I love about him.

1. Getting me a Popsicle tonight.

2. His excitement for football right now and that he totally gets how the game works. Thought that since I was a girl I wouldn't get it...I showed him.

3. His mind. Telling me how he was thinking about catching a shark and had a whole plan for it.

4. When he opened Christmas presents from his grandparents and told them on the phone "I'm so thankful I could just shout."

5. Seeing his growth in swimming. Unbelievable.

6. Pouring cereal for himself and Micah while Jeremy and I took our time getting up.

7. Being so excited that he had so many pajamas they wouldn't fit in his drawer.

8. Wanting to get baby Faith a present. And the picture that he drew for her...took a couple hours to do it.

9. Roleplaying back this morning with me so we could learn how much easier it was to obey.

10. That he can be crazy about Star Wars and legos one minute and football the next.

11. Wanting to grow his hair long so he can be like Lewis (the inventor from Meet the Robinsons)

12. Telling me many times his favorite parts in Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs. And that he is going to make a machine that turns water into (fill in the blank.)

13. Asking impossible questions like "What if God made it that babies had mommies and we grew backwards in life?"

14. His love for pancakes. And that he is still thankful every time he has them.

15. How much he loves Micah.

13.

No comments: