Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break Thoughts & Rearranging

I've been working on an "everyday" scrapbook which has been good to reflect on...the everyday. (However I have decided digital scrap booking is not for me...not therapeutic oh well.) Like everyday lessons in life, and everyday routines, and everyday stuff we do. And it's been good to look for that because it can so easily be missed...like the joy of sharing an oreo with Micah that he already licked most of the mint frosting off of. And then at that moment realizing I just ate an oreo that was half eaten and not even caring (official mom badge earned for that one.)

But being out of routine this week was interesting. We get a lot of security from routines (especially me) and it is always good to get shaken up a little. On that note...if you like to rearrange stuff (your decorations, your furniture, etc) what does that say about you? Are you a person that likes to have control? Does it mean your life is out of control? Does it mean you just like to decorate? I have had some interesting discussion on this and will defend my point after I hear others...

2 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

I know what sparked this and I've been thinking about it too. I love to rearrange my kids' bedrooms. I think it's because I'm looking for some control over them.

Crysti said...

hmm, i'm not a big rearranger but i like to buy new stuff that i have to get stuck in somewhere. how does that work in there??? My mom is a big rearranger enabler though - aaron always worries about what is going to be moved when she comes.
is that the same principle as always getting the same thing at a restaurant vs. trying something new that you might not like?