Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"So You Had a Bad Day..."


Perspective. Watching American Idol tonight helped me see this (hey, I get inspiration from where I can these days!) As a mom this is something I lose and gain multiple times during the day. I often get asked these days how I'm doing and I realize I can answer in multiple ways. I could tell you about the diaper leaking all over the floor making a huge mess for me to clean up (I'll spare the details). Or I could tell you about reading stories with Aidan. I could tell you about having to give Aidan a shower instead of a bath because our bathroom is still missing tiles (oh the joy of a remodel...) and the fit he threw or I could tell you about the precious moment I had with Micah falling asleep on me. I could tell you about being tired from getting up in the night or I could tell you about laughing at the library during story time while Aidan yells out every object he sees while everyone else listens quietly. Perspective. How am I doing? Probably the same as every other mom...having a bad day and a great day all wrapped up together at the same time. It's all a matter of what I want to focus on. I will never be on American Idol (thank goodness!), but when a "hopeful" gets cut, do they think about how far they made it or that they are done? Remember..."You can rejoice becasue the thornbush has roses or cry because the rosebush has thorns, it's all up to you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Rach. I really needed to hear this. I've been throwing myself a great big pity party lately, and I need to get off my couch, throw away the tissues, rinse my eyes off and enjoy my kids.